We at Honeybear nursery recognise our duties under the Health and Safety at work – Act 1974 – and the accompanying protective legislation. We will endeavour to meet the requirements of this legislation so as to ensure that we maintain a safe and healthy working environment. Our managers and supervisory staff are informed of their responsibilities to ensure they all take reasonable precautions, to ensure the safety, health and welfare of those that are likely to be affected by our undertaking.
Honeybear nursery recognises so far as is reasonably practicable the duty to ensure the following:
- To provide and maintain a safe place of work, safe system of work, safe equipment and a healthy and safe working environment.
- To ensure hazards are identified and regular assessments of risk are undertaken and reviewed at least once a year.
- To provide information, instruction and training as is necessary to ensure employees and others are assured of a safe and healthy working environment.
- Promoting the awareness of health and safety and encouraging health and safety best practice throughout our organisation.
- To ensure we are taking appropriate and preventative measures.
- To ensure that we have access to competent advice and are able to secure compliance with our statutory duties.
- To complete a hazard log form to identify hazards and faulty equipment.
- To complete accident forms for children, staff and general public in the case of an accident happening and to investigate all accidents.
In order that we can achieve our objectives, and ensure our employees recognise their duties under health and safety legislation whilst at work, we must ensure that we inform them of their duty to take reasonable care of themselves and others that may be affected by their activities. We ensure our employees are informed of their obligations to ensure they cooperate with management and adhere with Honeybear nursery safety rules which are provided within their Employment Safety Handbook.