National Children’s Day – 16th May 2022
National Children’s Day UK (NCDUK) is all about the importance of a healthy childhood, and how we need to protect the rights and freedoms of children and young people. It’s a day of celebration.
For NCDUK2022 the theme is kindness: how we need to create a kinder world; what makes people unkind; and how everyone can choose to be kind.
Within the Honeybear Nurseries we will be:
- Talking about what makes people kind and unkind
- Discussing examples of sharing and co-operation
- Focussing on stories that illustrate kindness and unkindness
- Talking about how sometimes people are unkind because they are worried or unhappy
- Talking about how acts of kindness and unkindness make us feel
- Talking about how to respond to acts of kindness and unkindness
- Talking about what the world would look like if everyone was kind to each other